This may seem like an obvious statement, but many clients who come to us, who are thinking of setting up in business, or who are in the early stages of operating their business are not fully aware of the financial commitment, and time investment, that is required in order to reap the eventual rewards.
This is the case, not just in the beauty or medical sectors, but in business in general. Business owners, in most cases, expect to be able to enjoy the benefits of having their own business at a much earlier stage than the stark realities allow. We cannot stress enough that the rewards of being the boss can be substantial, but they are almost always deferred. Success is not often immediate and many challenges, along with unexpected eventualities, arise on a pretty regular basis – for far longer than most new entrants to business ownership anticipate.
So it is important to remember that rewards, for you, as an owner, should be delayed. You should pay yourself last not first, and eventually this sacrifice will be rewarded, hopefully abundantly. In the early days you should be putting in the most hours and then, with time, you can delegate more, having set the example, and put in the least. Most businesses fail because the business cannot support the lifestyle that the owner thinks they can enjoy from the outset. Running a business requires commitment and dedication and more cash than you thought you would need, if you are not to fall into the trap of doing things in a compromised or less than ideal way, which in the long run could be your downfall.
If you are thinking of entering the field of aesthetics, there are additional things that you will need to consider carefully once you have established how much you are able to invest financially:
- Who are my target market in my location (age, ethnicity, income bracket etc)?
- What equipment should I invest in (for my target market) that is within my budget and how do I sift through all the claims made be suppliers?
- How important is ongoing support from my suppliers?
- Where would I be located (more expensive high street visibility or less expensive outlet)?
- How would I reach my customers other than via passing trade?
- How much of my ongoing business would I like to receive from referrals?
- How much repeat business can I expect from each client?
- What are my margins (ie what can I charge in relation to what I have paid for my equipment?)
- What could go wrong and what are my contingencies?
- How can I offer the widest range of treatments cost effectively?
Many people set up in business every day. Some have thought things through and planned for growth and challenges much more thoroughly than others. Many don’t survive, but those that do would often never be employees again, as the rewards are potentially worth the risks, and the rewards can be on many levels, not just financial.
SkinFirst sell the very latest and safest systems for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, acne, skin tightening, and body contouring systems, in addition to offering the treatments on a daily basis from our Cheshire headquarters. But we do so much more than that to help our clients. We support and we are here with the help that can often make the difference between success and failure. We ensure that you are provided with the most comprehensive training in the equipment, and the most supportive back up service available, along with well branded marketing materials. We don’t let our clients down and we know you can’t afford to let yours down. We treat you as we would like to be treated.
We welcome all of our clients and potential clients to visit us in our new premises close to Warrington in Cheshire. We would love to show you the SkinFirst difference.
The SkinFirst Team